01 June, 2009

Everyday is Earth Day

I had a marvelous walk with my buddy Streaker. As we pulled into my favorite parking space at the park, I noticed the Eagles sitting right in front of us in their tree in the sun. There were already three cars parked in the same place, one had some high school girls skipping class inside. I got us out of the car and said a pleasant “Good morning “ to my friends in the tree. The lady eagle answered right away, she was miffed! I was surprised; usually the pair leaves the tree as folks pull into the park. She is not known for being “Chatty.” I am lucky to get more than a one word answer from her. Below is her message, quite appropriate to pass on for Earth Day.


Lake Tapps Lady Eagle

Thank you for noticing us, you are the only one that has so far. There is no acknowledgement of the animals in people’s lives. When people ignore the beauty, grace and wisdom of the animals they are in essences turning their back on a part of themselves. Are you humans not animals?? Yet you do not acknowledge your own nature, you were once wild as well. Your heart beats like mine, your spirit longs for the freedom of living in harmony with all creatures even as your mind tells you it is more important to rise above the struggle to survive. With all you have achieved, has it brought you closer to harmony? What is the greatest measure of success? Acknowledging we truly are all one, neither succeeding without the other. All of the creatures deserve credit for their perfection, no matter what their job or purpose. Each has an important role, a specific job that needs to be filled on this planet. We, who are wild, ask you to reach deep inside yourself and acknowledge the wild spirit within you. Honor your own true nature and thus you can begin to honor the truth, We are all connected. We are all one. Please return us to Harmony.

I was on my way back to the car after our walk; I was projecting a thought to all the new people at the park “Look at the Eagles”. The thought was projected and released as a woman looked up, jaw dropping, arm up and pointing, as she exclaimed ”Eagles!” Her companions looked and eagerly walked towards their car all taking in the wonder of the Eagles so close. We talked for a few moments about how truly magnificent they are before we all got in our cars to drive away.

I heard one final comment from my Lady friend.” Finally!” She exclaimed. She let me feel her emotion of hope. “Maybe there is hope for all of us.”
Please take a moment to thank and honor the Earth. Remember to the animals. Everyday is Earth Day!

Penelope