29 June, 2009

Building Trust Exercise




I am reading the most amazing book on animal communication: Straight From The Horses Mouth by Amelia Kinkade. Yes, I read, yes I study and yes I still take classes and yes I do meditate every day. To better understand my gift, to improve my communication and to better understand animals I continue to explore what others know and how they got there.


From the book: Straight From The Horses Mouth:

Animals are here to teach us how to love. In our society, our thinking is backward. The cart is so far before the horse; the horse is obscured in the dust. When learning how to talk to animals, consider this: Why should they talk to you? Why should they listen to you? Your stance in communicating must be based on humility. Even so, they may need some time to warn up to the idea of talking with you. Make a habit of explaining to animals why you are a human that can talk to them. (Because you love them.) In establishing a foundation of trust, you might try sending some reassuring ideas like this:

TRUST-BUILDING THOUGHT FORMS

I love you. I won’t lie to you. I won’t trick you. I’ll be your confidant, your accomplice and your friend. I’m here for you, to help make you happy, to give you whatever you need. If you tell me what you want, I’ll do whatever I can to help you get it.

Believe me when I tell you, your animals will hear you. They will understand. They will comprehend every word you say, but they might not be accustomed to having you listen to them.


LESSONS IN LISTENING:

Ask for their help.
Ask for their patience. Take them seriously. Don’t patronize them.


Learn to embrace them with sincere participation. Your session should be two-sided; you will brain storm together for mutual problem solving. cooperate and negotiate to meet them halfway. Make sacrifices to achieve mutual satisfaction. Keep your promises and don’t make promises you can’t keep. When they demand a response, honor it.

Straight From The Horses Mouth is one of the best books I have read so far on animal communication. It has more on meditations, more practice outlines and more information on what you can expect to receive! Priceless. Most of my information has come from trial and error and some poor choices I might add! So, if your looking to better your skills read this one! I borrowed mine from the Library!

Happy summer reading and communicating!
Penelope